Employees of the Jasper Holiday Inn reportedly quickly handled a dryer fire in the laundry early Tuesday afternoon. It happened during the noon hour at the hotel, located on West Gibson Street at Farm to Market Road 252.

It began with the Jasper Fire Department being dispatched to a general fire alarm in the building.

Jasper Fire Marshal Brandon Duckworth said it was soon learned that a belt inside a dryer had overheated and caught on fire.

Other than a smell of burned rubber, Duckworth said the building suffered no damage and there were no reported injuries.

Broadcast journalist & on-air personality - Rayburn Broadcasting Company - KJAS 107.3 FM in Jasper, TX and KFAH 99.1 FM in Pineland, TX