gasleak.jpg

The tractor or back hoe was being used to install a new driveway, when it struck the line.

There were some tense moments on College Street, near the intersection of Hodges, on Wednesday evening, when a back hoe struck a gas line, causing it to spew.

The volunteers of the Jasper Fire Department were dispatched to a home in the 400 block of College, shortly before 8:00, when it was reported that the incident had occurred as a crew worked to build a new driveway.

The firemen were able to temporarily plug the leaking line until a crew from Centerpoint Energy could arrive and make permanent repairs and no fire or injury resulted from the incident.