A pumper truck stands by outside the store as firemen go in to check the situation,

The volunteers of the Jasper Fire Department were dispatched to the Brookshire Brothers Store at the intersection of Highways 190 and 96 here in Jasper shortly before 3:00 on Tuesday afternoon when an electrical fire was reported there.

Firemen arrived at the scene to find smoke coming from a fluorescent light fixture over the courtesy booth of the store.

Electricity to the fixture and is associated wiring was shut off and no damage, or injury resulted from the incident.

The store was closed for only a short time while firemen responded and then re-opened a short time later after firemen and employees of the determined the store was safe.