A faulty or malfunctioning air conditioner is believed to be the cause of a fire that broke out on Monday afternoon, destroying a travel trailer just north of Jasper.
The volunteers of the Jasper Fire Department were dispatched to the Cofty Trailer Park on Highway 96 shortly after 1:00 when it was reported that the trailer was on fire.
An unidentified man at the trailer park used a water hose and tried to hold the flames down until firemen arrived. Unfortunately, the blaze began rapidly intensifying just as the firefighters reached the scene and the trailer was a complete loss.
It is still unknown who the trailer belonged to.