First, they heard yelping, and a few seconds later Jasper firefighters pulled two puppies from a burning structure on the east side of town Wednesday afternoon. Firemen responded to a residence at 1415 Bevil Loop Road shortly after 3:00 and arrived to find smoke pouring out of a small metal storage shed behind the home.
After opening the door firefighters sprayed water into the shed and immediately heard frantic yelping. One dog was pulled out immediately, and the second dog was found a few seconds later by firefighters Shane Whitmire and Cameron Logan.
The homeowner, Lorine Bailey and her sister, Helen Hadnot, said that the puppies “Lola” and “Lillie” were 4 months old. Both dogs appeared to be just fine.
Jasper Fire Marshal Brandon Duckworth said that the cause of the fire appeared to be an electric heater in the storage building, which set a mattress on fire.
*CLICK ON THE VIDEO TO WATCH THE PUPPIES BEING RESCUED*