• Welcome!
    |
    ||
    Logout|My Dashboard
  • October 21, 2018

Work crew struck a gas line on South Main Street - KJAS.COM: Local News

Work crew struck a gas line on South Main Street

Print
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Tuesday, October 9, 2018 5:09 pm

A work crew conducting a project to bury electric, cable, and telephone lines accidentally struck and ruptured a gas line underneath the sidewalk in the 700 block of South Main Street on Tuesday afternoon.

No fire or injuries resulted, but the thick humid air caused a very strong smell of gas to seep through the neighborhood.

The Jasper Fire Department stood by while a crew from Centerpoint Energy repaired the ruptured line.